Fernie Alpine Resort has been named one of the Top 5 Best Ski Resorts In North America. Fernie Alpine Resort took the Number 5 spot in Skiing Magazine’s “Top 25 Resorts in North America”. The Resort was one of only two Canadian resorts in the Top 10. The magazine compiled the results after readers submitted their favourite resort picks based on quality of snow, terrain, affordability and nightlife.
Fernie Alpine Resort has gained a reputation for its powder, but is now becoming famous for so much more. With a fun and friendly ski town atmosphere, great dining, adventure activities, a mountain village and a number of new real estate developments, Fernie caters to a variety of skiers and riders from around the globe.
Says Matt Mosteller, Senior Director of Business Development for the Resort, “We’re thrilled that Fernie Alpine Resort continues to join the ranks of some of the top resorts in North America. With over 29 feet of powder each season, 111 runs, 5 alpine bowls, a cool ski town atmosphere and the never-ending events and festivals, it’s no wonder Fernie continues to be one of the best places to visit and ski in Canada.”
The Resort has also received a number of other accolades in the past year, including:
- One of the Top 6 Powder Destinations on the Planet (Fall Line Skiing Magazine, 2007)
- ‘Best Powder’ (Ski Canada Magazine, 2007)
- ‘Best New On-Mountain Restaurant’ – Lost Boys Café (Ski Canada Magazine, 2007)
- ‘Best Thank You to the Locals’ (Ski Canada Magazine, 2007)
- ‘Best Places to Powder Your Nose’ – Fernie’s White Room Sessions (Ski Canada Magazine, 2007)
- Ranked 8th out of the Top 25 Resorts in North America (Skiing Magazine, 2006)
- ‘Best Deck Party in Canada’, ‘Best Ski Town’, ‘Best Powder’ (Ski Canada Magazine, 2006)
Fernie Alpine Resort is gearing up for the 2007/2008 winter season with a number of resort enhancements, including snowmaking improvements, additional heated washroom facilities at the new mountaintop Lost Boys Café, improved cat track and terrain access, added tree skiing and more. Fernie Alpine Resort is scheduled to open December 8, 2007.
- Fernie Named Best Resort in North America
- Fernie Ranked High on Snow
- Fernie Has the Most Snow In Canadian Rockies
- Fernie named North American Resort of the Year
- Fernie Recognized By Ski Canada
- Most Snow of any Major Canadian Ski Resort
- RCR Completes Purchase of Kicking Horse
- Fernie Alpine Resort named North American Resort of the Year
- Fernie’s Griz is Happy
- BC Resorts See Increased Bookings