Fernie, BC — Fernie Tourism Association is proud to announce that the British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) crowned Fernie as the “Best Little Town in B.C.” for the second year in a row. The title was awarded at the BCRPA’s annual convention held last Spring in Victoria, B.C.
All municipalities in the province were invited by the BCRPA to participate in “The Best Little Town in B.C.” contest. Contestants were required to create and submit weekend get-away packages illustrating activities and amenities available in their area. All weekend packages were reviewed and bid-on in a silent auction, and Fernie – having received the most interest and highest bid – was nominated “The Best Little Town in B.C.”. More than 300 people attended the convention and bid on the packages, raising $11,000 for BCRPA.
Fernie competed against such notable B.C. towns as Surrey, Delta, Gibsons, Richmond, Kelowna, Kamloops, Prince George, and Vancouver.
- Best Ski Town in Canada
- Ski Mag names Fernie a Dream Town
- Charm of the Town
- Fernie: The small mountain town with big dreams
- Park Place Lodge receives covetted environmental rating
- An Affordable Way to Learn to Ski
- Fun Fernie Weekends!
- Packages For Freestyle Fans
- Canadian Freestyle Tops Standings
- Ashley MacIssac at Fernival