Fernie and the surrounding areas, including the Elk Valley and South Country, provide ample opportunity for boating on rivers and lakes. Fernie’s Elk River does not permit motorized boats however the canoeing, SUPing and kayaking are excellent. For you larger boating enthusiasts Lake Koocanusa, about 30 minutes away, is a great spot for motorized and sailing water activities. Regardless of your boating preference, this area has something for everyone.
|0 cm||2 cm||36 cm|
|0.0 in||0.8 in||14.2 in|
|174 cm||451 cm|
|68.5 in||177.6 in|
- Koocanusa Recreation Options
- Woman dies snowboarding in Fernie
- Fernie’s Hummingbird Micro Homes
- Snowfall warning for Fernie
- Powder Monday?
- Fernie Cyclist inducted to BC Sports Hall of Fame
- Hibernation time for Fernie Bears and WildSafeBC
- Fernie’s Legendary Heiko Socher
- Fernie Company making little cabins
- Tough Rental Market in Fernie